To better provide security CGI has been configured slightly differently from the previous incarnation of Polar. What is listed here are the differences you need to account for
Please let me know if you discover any differences.
- Scripts can only be writeable by the owner (755).
- All CGI must be placed in a cgi-bin subdirectory of you public_html directory. You are no longer able to place scripts in any directory.
- HTML files will not be parsed in the cgi-bin subdirectory.
- For SSI (Server Side Includes), to place output of a CGI in you web page use
<!-- #include virtual="url of script" --> You can no longer use #exec cgi= format.
- Subdirectories of your cgi-bin must be at least 755.
return to the polar home page